Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shalom! Ma Shlomchem?

I trust that my blog post finds you all BESEDER and well. BH I know this is how it finds me…
The past few months in Israel have been very interesting with regards to what is happening with our neighbors here in the Middle East. The wind of protest and liberation has been blowing around us all this time and it seems to have now arrived here.
It all started 2 months ago with a social protest against the rising petrol prices, continuing with protests against the rising cost of dairy products (historical), and is now reaching a climax with nurses and doctors protesting about their remuneration and more importantly their working conditions and the conditions for the patients in hospital and even protesting due to the price of housing in the Holyland.
People are currently out on the streets (literally), living in tents to show the government how bad things have become for them. It is all very interesting following what is happening in our world today, and I am sure that it will go down in the pages of our history books as being a period of change in the world as we know it.
Other than that, it has been another very busy week in Ulpan. Sivan has joined us on the Ulpan Aviv team and is currently training for her new role with me as a teacher. We are delighted to welcome her into our team.
Training a new teacher is a big commitment for me, including many hours with the teacher, explaining Ulpan Aviv’s ethos and values as well as our approach, both to our students and to learning. It is a time in which I love to expose new teachers to, what I call the wonders of the Hebrew language.
To conclude, I would like to share with you a link to a website run by a former student of mine, dealing with Jewish culture. Knowing Jean, I am sure that you will find some interesting issues there to read about, and I know you will find some good entertainment. http://h2hinterface.com
I hope you had a great weekend, full of joy and sun!
Shavua tov,
Gil Pentzak, Ulpan Aviv- director

No comments:

Post a Comment