Friday, August 19, 2011

Shalom! Ma Shlomchem?

I was hoping to start this blog post by telling you about all about my vacation and how great it was. Sadly, in the light of today’s tragic incidents, (Thursday) I just feel I should start with that.
As I believe most of you have now heard on the news, there were today, a number of terror attacks next on the Egyptian/Israeli border. A large enough number of terrorists were managed to cross the border and entered Israel with one purpose in mind; hurting Israeli citizens and soldiers. Unfortunately, one soldier and seven civilians’ died during these attacks. Both myself and Ulpan Aviv, along with the entire nation of Israel, are today taking time to remember those who died under these terrible circumstances and of course the families that they have left behind.
Every time something like this happens, it feels like the first time. It is really hard to gather up the pieces and move on. I guess that is all just part of this terrible situation that we find ourselvesin.
I am so sorry that this post isn’t more up-beat, but I do want to tell you that I had a wonderful time with my family on our vacation. We went up to the north to a Moshav called Kalanit which was quiet and relaxing. Today is my first day back at work and I was welcomed by at least 40 e-mails that needed urgent attention and a million of things to take care of! No complaints there though, it is definitely good to be back even though I have been a bit distracted by our 18 month old baby who spent the last day of our holiday in hospital with dehydration and still isn’t fully recovered!!
Despite the rough news I wish you all a happy weekend and Shabbat Shalom,
Gil Pentzak

No comments:

Post a Comment